Re: [xslt] Isn't it time to make libxslt multi-threaded?

Дмитрий Грибов, 26.07.2012 19:06:
>> Having multiple smaller steps would allow you to apply pipelining, and
>> potentially also to run single steps trivially in parallel against
>> independent data subsets.
>>
> I want XSLT do all that stuff for me. I want multithreading and I want
> <xsl:cache. First will create no overhead, second will create just a bit,
> while both will provide me performance boost. Emulating XSLT threading by
> partial transformation is my last line of defense (see
> topic-starter-message)

It's not so much about "emulating threading" but about good software
design. Small, functionally well focussed stylesheets make code reuse and
recombination easy. Better performance through parallelisation is more of a
side-effect.

Stefan