Re: [xslt] indentation problem and some related questions

On Nov 16, 2008, at 2:31 PM, Viktor Štujber wrote:

- get rid of unused namespaces by using exclude-result-prefixes on the stylesheet - if you create an element in a certain namespace, you can _not_ change the namespace later on as the namespace have become an integral part of the element.
I'm already using exclude-result-prefixes. Also, this is not an
"elements created in a certain namespace problem", I think.

xsl:copy-of does not take into account exclude-result-prefixes.

You have to explicitly create the element in the namespace you want, as you have been shown.

So anyways, the above is what I get if I don't use an identity
transformation that strips namespaces. My original question was
whether there is a cleaner solution than copying (manual, recursive,
likely slower than the built-in xsl:copy-of operation) to remove these
redundant namespace declarations from the xhtml output.

As I wrote previously, the identity transform with explicit creation of elements might even be faster that copy-of because copy-of has to check namespaces. Explicit creation of elements in a namespace does not have to check.