Re: [xslt] Sometimes plain text output from cron

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 09:39:04AM -0400, Elliotte Harold wrote:
>    Here's  a  thought:  is  xsltproc  cannot read the stylesheet due to a
>    permissions  issue,  will  it  use  any  sort  of default? That sounds

  No it will error out and exit before even trying to parse the XML input.

>    plausible.  I  don't  know  the  internals of xsltproc, but perhaps it
>    starts  with  an  empty  stylesheet  and then fills it in with what it
>    reads from the actual file. So if it can't read that file we might get
>    the behavior I'm seeing? Is that plausible?

  The processor uses libxml2 to load the tree associated to the stylesheet(s)
and then add attributes to it as the compilation phase. You can't get an
empty sheet just on I/O problems you will get a fatal XML error first.