Re: [xslt] Replacing the dict used by the transform context

Hi Stefan,

On Wed, 09 Aug 2006 07:21:06 +0200
Stefan Behnel <behnel_ml gkec informatik tu-darmstadt de> wrote:

> > Then, the
> > shared dict will not disappear when the document is freed.
>
> It will. Having Python do the memory allocation and deallocation will
> not enable reference counting for the dicts (which, BTW, libxml2 already
> does based on documents).
>
> We'd still have to do our own reference counting based on each single
> node that depends on the dict. That's definitely out of scope.

To my limited knowledge, reference counting is a joke, not garbage
collection. I'd like to use Boehm-style GC for my developments, but
realized that memory leaks are ok for my command-line programs.
Probably I'll return to this problem later.

--
Oleg Parashchenko  olpa@ http://xmlhack.ru/  XML news in Russian
http://uucode.com/blog/  Generative Programming, XML, TeX, Scheme