Re: [xslt] Can I use XSLT for Qt

On 08.08.2006 10:10, Tomasz Kowalski wrote:
Hello,

Hi,

I downloaded the Libxml from Your site because I would like to use the XSL for my application.

I have question for You,
Can I use Libxml library for Qt (C++ language)? And How I can do it?

Do I must only include to Qt directory the bin's, include's and lib's catalogs from Libxml?

I assume you meant XSLT, not XSL, these are two different things. XSLT is used for transforming XML. XSL is used for page formatting semantics.

If you meant XSLT, check the libxslt tutorial on

  http://xmlsoft.org/XSLT/tutorial/libxslttutorial.html

for how to use libxslt.

Qt has nothing to do with all of it, you will have to treat the two separately. You cannot integrate libxslt into Qt and use it through Qt classes without modifying Qt. Last time I saw it, Qt had a XML module which offered simple XML processing functionality, no validation, no XSLT. For parsing XML, you could write a QXmlLibxmlReader class which internally uses libxml's parser, but for XSLT the whole interface is missing.

I'm forwarding this to the mailing list. Perhaps someone from the KDE team is reading and knows whether this world has seen a Qt-ish interface for libxslt somewhere.

Ciao,
Igor