Re: [xslt] how to enable xinclude for documents read bydocument()function

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tom Frank" <tom zypsoft net>
Sent: Sunday, July 03, 2005 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: [xslt] how to enable xinclude for documents read bydocument()function

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 12:22:27AM -0700, Tom Frank wrote:
Hi,

It appears that libxslt.setXIncludeDefault() api is no longer there. How do
I process xml docs having xinclude with document() function?

My test xml/xsl files work fine with "xsltproc --xinclude" , but does not
work with pyxsltproc.py. I need to know how to make this work in python
scripts (with pyxsltproc.py as a sample).

I am using latest libxml2-2.6.19 and libxslt-1.1.14/libxslt-python-1.1.14.

if doc is the instance to transform, use doc.xincludeProcessFlags(libxml2.XML_PARSE_NOENT | libxml2.XML_PARSE_DTDLOAD | libxml2.XML_PARSE_DTDATTR | libxml2.XML_PARSE_NOCDATA)

before running the transformation on said instance.

Hi, Daniel:

I think the problem is with document() function. I use it like following in my stylesheet:

   <xsl:variable  name='mydoc' select='document("test.xml")'/>

where test.xml contains xincludes. When 'test.xml' is read in as such, all xinclude's are already lost.

According to an old post by you , http://mail.gnome.org/archives/xslt/2001-June/msg00063.html.
you have added this feature in 2001, which I believe was setXIncludeDefault() api (?). Besides this old post, I can't find any other references to this api, why it is removed from current release and what might have replaced it.

A similar question on this list posted about three months ago went unanswered, http://www.mail-archive.com/xslt gnome org/msg00102.html

Please ignore my previous post. I am losing my head after staring at this problem for way too long.

The real problem is simply that pyxsltproc.py has not been kept in sync with current libxslt api . If it can be updated to behave the same way as xsltproc, we'll be all set.
Sorry about the misunderstanding on my part.

Tom