Re: [xslt] how to enable xinclude for documents read by document()function

On Sun, Jul 03, 2005 at 12:22:27AM -0700, Tom Frank wrote:

It appears that libxslt.setXIncludeDefault() api is no longer there. How do
I process xml docs having xinclude with document() function?

My test xml/xsl files work fine with "xsltproc --xinclude" , but does not
work with I need to know how to make this work in python
scripts (with as a sample).

I am using latest libxml2-2.6.19 and libxslt-1.1.14/libxslt-python-1.1.14.

if doc is the instance to transform, use doc.xincludeProcessFlags(libxml2.XML_PARSE_NOENT | libxml2.XML_PARSE_DTDLOAD | libxml2.XML_PARSE_DTDATTR | libxml2.XML_PARSE_NOCDATA)

before running the transformation on said instance.

Hi, Daniel:

I think the problem is with document() function. I use it like following in my stylesheet:

   <xsl:variable  name='mydoc' select='document("test.xml")'/>

where test.xml contains xincludes. When 'test.xml' is read in as such, all xinclude's are already lost.

According to an old post by you ,
you have added this feature in 2001, which I believe was setXIncludeDefault() api (?). Besides this old post, I can't find any other references to this api, why it is removed from current release and what might have replaced it.

A similar question on this list posted about three months ago went unanswered, gnome org/msg00102.html

Thanks for your help .

Daniel Veillard      | Red Hat Desktop team
xslt mailing list, project page
xslt gnome org