Re: [xslt] wiki documentation ready. future plans?

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 05:06:05AM -0500, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 10:03:59PM -0500, Joel Reed wrote:
> > (btw daniel can we setup downloads for plugins like
> >  libxslt-plugin-regexp-0.2.tar.gz off of xmlsoft.org?)
>
> done
>
>   ftp://xmlsoft.org/plugins/

cool. fixed up wiki link to point to above URL.

> > Finally, I'm wondering what other things might be useful
> > to have on the wiki. Please let me know if you have any
> > suggestions.
>
> - FAQ especially the XPath "foo" doesn't match foo element in
> a default namespace.
> - code examples ?

ok, started FAQ:
http://xmlsoft.org/wiki/index.php?title=Libxslt:FAQ

code examples: can anyone on this list add some?
http://xmlsoft.org/wiki/index.php?title=Libxslt:Code

> > I'm also wondering if we'd ever consider having the main
> > xmlsoft.org site be the wiki - moving all documentation
> > to the wiki, but keeping autogenerated API docs and changelog.
> > This could be slightly disruptive, but might make it far
> > easier for a larger group of users/developers to update
> > and maintain the site. Comments?
>
>   the wiki is a bit slow to serve page, also the search engine doesn't
> seem to work, and I still want the source to remain the primary place
> where the code documentation goes. The wiki is fine for user comments
> and examples though. So at this point switching sounds premature to me.
> Also we web site is in CVS, in case of disaster rebuilding the site is
> a CVs checkout, I can't garantee that level of service with pages
> served from the MySQL database.

i'm surprised to that wiki seems a bit slow. haven't experienced this
locally. anyway i agree for now to keep as is and see where it goes.

jr