Re: [xslt] key() in match pattern of xsl:key

On 2005-12-13 18:43:47 -0500, Joel E. Denny wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2005, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> > >
> > > You're referring to exslt:document, right?
> >
> > Well, it does what I was suggesting, but this will lead to an
> > unnecessary linearization.
>
> Did you have something else in mind?

No, it was just a suggestion in case such features existed in EXSLT,
but I've never used them and I don't remember what EXSLT provides
exactly.

> I'm making the assumption that 2.0 processors don't usually support EXSLT.
> Is that right?

I don't know. I don't even know any 2.0 processor.

> Forgetting extensions for a moment, a few emails back you suggested
> multiple passes with an XSLT 1.0 processor.  Each pass could produce
> XML-encoded sets of data off of which the next pass could construct keys.
> Although exslt:document might add some convenience to this approach, it
> wouldn't be necessary.  This seems like a straight-forward pure XSLT 1.0
> alternative to keys referencing keys.

I was suggesting some extension for that to avoid linearization and
parsing (if possible). But if you can use an API to avoid that, then
this may be fine.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent vinc17 org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/>