Re: [xslt] xsl:document (intenially?) escaping filenames

Hi Daniel,

I figured out how to do it: You have to use a full qualified URI like

<xsl:document href="file:///some/path/to/file name with spaces.html" method="html" encoding="UTF-8">

It seems that with the file:/// prefix the escaping is omitted.
Even missing subdirectories are created.

But I have found no way to use relative URIs and omitting the file prefix.
Relative URIs without spaces and umlauts do work:

<xsl:document href="some/path/to/fileNameWithoutSpaces.html" method="html" encoding="UTF-8">

But :

<xsl:document href="some/path/to/file name with Spaces.html" method="html" encoding="UTF-8">

gives you an escaped URI and the know error message

xsltDocumentElem: unable to save to some/path/to/file%20name%20with%20Spaces.html

Question is how this function is expected to work.
I thought the purpose of xsl:document is to write to a filesystem. If so escaping doesn't make sense to me.
If it's not intended to write to a filesystem (webdav?) escaping should be done.
The behaviour is at least inconsistent and as I pointed out
relative URIs are allowed. Should it be considered a limitation?
Maybe support for an option like disable-*output*-*escaping="yes" is a work around
*
Achim