Re: [xslt] Segmentation fault with an infinite loop

Morus Walter writes:

> I find (debian woody, kernel 2.4.21; xsltproc 1.0.33, libxml 2.5.11) that
> the detection works up to a depth of ~4400 and fails for deeper (>4500)
> recursion.
>
> Changing the stacksize (8192k in my case) to 10240k doesn't change this.
> Changing the stacksize down to 4096k doesn't change it either.
>
> So I don't understand what's going on there.
> But I agree with William that this doesn't seem to be a libxslt issue.

Ok. I did some more checks.
If make the stacksize really small (100k) the limit goes down to 190
recursions.
So I find
Stacksize    # of recursions before stack overflow
100k	     ~ 190
1024k	     ~ 2200
2000k	     4365
2048k	     4459
4096k	     4465
8096k	     4464 ? (strange; I'v seen that higher before)

So apart from some minimal variations the stack seems to be limited to ~2048k
regardless of the set limit.
Which is basically the same limit William found on his system (I should have
read his mail more thoroughly and start with lower stacksizes from the
beginning).

I don't know what debian is doing here, that creates this limit.

Morus