Re: [xslt] Passing xml expressions as parameters.

On Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 09:56:59PM -0400, Marc-Antoine Parent wrote:
> >Parameters in libxslt are strings, not trees.
>
> ? This is only true of top-level params, is it not? I am quite
> convinced that intra-stylesheet xsl:params can be result tree
> fragments, like any variable.

  Sure, that would be too easy, but useless :-)

> >Adding a different type
> >would require a specific mechanism because as the example pointed out
> >allowing both is ambiguous.
>
> I looked at the code, and I have to agree it is not a two-liner.

  I'm not saying no because I want to be annoying, but watching the
bugzilla list state scares me. I can't say yes to new feature addition
without being extremely careful at this point. But we take patches as
always !

> >Maybe it's a more
> >general problem and solving this will help a lot of people, but it's
> >unclear right now.
>
> Just wanted to add my +1 to this request.

  Okay, good to know :-)