Re: [xslt] xsltCleanupGlobals() question

On Fri, Jan 24, 2003 at 03:20:03PM -0000, spinmar@interfree.it wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have  aqustion about xsltCleanupGlobals().
>
> My idea is to improve the performance: so I'd like to compile only one time the stylesheet XSL and then the concurrent clients use it.
>
> The question is: if I compile once my XSL, do I have to call xsltFreeStylesheet() and xsltCleanupGlobals() at the end of each client ?
>
> I think no. (I tried to find it with search engine but for xsltCleanupGlobals I obtain 1 result).

  You need to call xsltFreeStylesheet() once all transformation processes
using this stylesheet have finished and that you don't expect to reuse it.
  You need to call xsltCleanupGlobals() only once you have finished using the
libxslt library.

> If I compile the styleshhet in module_init of an apache module and I don't call xsltFreeStylesheet() and xsltCleanupGlobals() at the end of each client, if apache is stopped, who frees the memory?

  The operating system when recollecting the memory from the ended
process !