Re: [xslt] "re-use" LibXSLT compiled stylesheet collection

On Thu, 2003-01-23 at 12:52, Johann Richard wrote:

> Is it -- somehow -- possible to "re-use" a stylesheet that has been
> read, parsed and compiled by LiBXSLT?
> I suppose that the gain from this would be considerable?

My understanding of the Xalan and Saxon experiences in this area
is that the saving is not that great, for the trouble. Saxon abandoned
the exercise.

Personally, I've stopped thinking about performance
issues like this, in favour of simplicity. Cacheing results,
and the generally excellent performance of libxslt, seems to
handle the problem.