[xslt] "re-use" LibXSLT compiled stylesheet collection

Hi all,

I was browsing on the LiBXSLT site but couldn't find a satisfactory answer to this question:

Is it -- somehow -- possible to "re-use" a stylesheet that has been read, parsed and compiled by LiBXSLT? Ideally, for large collections of stylesheets (like DocBook) that do not change that often, it would be desirable to skip the step of compilation, i.e. write out the compiled collection in a persistent way to disk or so, and read it back later when you want to re-use the collection. From what I read about how variables and parameters are handled internally, this should be possible w/ LibXSLT.

I suppose that the gain from this would be considerable? Is there already a way to do it or anybody have written such code and can give some hints?

Thanks for all comments.

Best regards,
Johann Richard

Johann Richard