[xslt] xsltproc for very large documents?

Hi all,

I'm working with some very large (well, large by my
standards) XML documents of around 300MB each.

I'm using xsltproc to apply some simple stylesheets
to these documents and create new XML documents
with the results.  The result documents are
created nicely, although very, very slowly.

I was wondering whether libxslt/xsltproc users
have any hints on how to best use libxslt/xsltproc
with this kind of very large documents?

Cheers,

Stu

--