Re: [xslt] xsltproc for very large documents?

Hi Stuart,

On Fri, 2003-01-17 at 08:29, Stuart Hungerford wrote:

> I'm working with some very large (well, large by my
> standards) XML documents of around 300MB each.

I can't tell specifically for libxslt, but AFAIK this is a design issue
with XSLT which is not "streamable" in that it requires some kind
representation of the input documents in memory to work.

You might be interested by STX [1], a project started a while ago to
define "Streaming Transformations for XML".

They have recently published a draft of their specification which is
considered to be quite stable, have a couple of reference
implementations and are looking for examples of "very large documents"
to test their concept...

Hope this helps.

Eric

[1] http://stx.gingerall.cz/stx/