Re: [xslt] "libxslt with thread-enabled libxml2?"

Hey, remember back when Igor Zlatkovic said:
> It is not the matter of preference. Now the art of programming is asked
> for. And the art is not to produce the code for another programmer to
> admire its design. The art is to produce executables which ease the life
> of the end-user and make her cry for more :-)

Who are the average users of libxml2? I would assume that it would be
software developers. True, there are an extreme number of end-users that
are indirectly using libxml2.

So, if the average users of libxml2 are software developers, the goal is
not to produce executables that ease the life of an end-user, the goal
is to produce a library with a clean and easy to use interface.

I don't expect anyone to break binary compatibility in libxml2 or
libxslt. I just don't want to see the addition of thread related
functionality, like mutexes.

I have used libxml2 and libxslt in single and multithreaded applications
with no problems. I did have to review the source to those libraries to
make sure I avoided functions that were not thread-safe, but that is
much more light weight than adding thread awareness to them.

--
Peter Jones <unix;c++;crypto;xml;vi;4wd;geek> [ http://pmade.org ]
PGP Fingerprint: 0A2B F8AB 63CF F7A2 556F F892 5B43 7370 A4B6 E0DF