Re: [xslt] libxslt escaping urls when outputting HTML#

On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 02:00:00PM +0200, Le grande pinguin wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 17, 2002 at 07:41:52AM -0400, Daniel Veillard wrote:
> >
> >   yes they are hardcoded, because they are hardcoded in the specification,
> > and if you want to provide your own serialization simply write your own
> > version of xsltSaveResult... equivalent.
>
> Yes, that's what i gathered from the sources. But given the use cases for
> libxml2/lixslt i see this would mean writing my own versions of several
> funcions (toFile/toBuffer etc.). So my first reaction was: this is a separate
> level of functionality that could/should be factored out into an API.

  As said, adding such an API sounds fine to me. The output method
would have to be a QName if I remember correctly, and one would just
have to add an API to register (namespace , name) with a serialization
entry point taking an xmlOutputBufferPtr, the xmlDocPtr result and
the xsltStylesheetPtr stylesheet pointer.

> Understandable. At least in the context of XSLT serialization (which, in my
> eyes is a bit strange anyway, since XSLT is pretty much serialisation-agnostic.

  yes conformance to the spec don't even requires a serialization

> But that's another topic :-) In the context of libxml2 i think a dedicated
> serialisation API could save some time (reuse of code for the different output
> methods). And i can think of a lot of interesting serializers (LaTeX, Python/Perl
> code etc.).

  sure,