Re: [xslt] libxslt escaping urls when outputting HTML

On Fri, Sep 13, 2002 at 01:36:45PM +0200, Peter Jacobi wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
>
> I'm disagreeing with you in this case.

  Hum, I'm not sure.

> > > Uhm, forgive me if I am mistaken, but isn't "," an ASCII character?
> >
> >   Hum, maybe it wasn't precisely the right thing to point to, but
> > RFC 2396 is the core spec in this respect. And ',' is in the reserved set.
> >

> Characters in the reserved set may occur in a RFC2396 URI
> and in fact an URI changes meaning, whether it is escaped or not,
> so it's not good to always escape them.

  reread what I said in my first answer ... It depends on the context
and in the specific case he pointed out this might not have been escaped.
but to not rely on it being left as-is.

> The application generating the URI must have some clue whether
> one particular ',' needs escaping or not.

  Yes, depends on the part of the URI where it is present.