Re: [xslt] libxslt escaping urls when outputting HTML

If you remember we had this discussion about a month ago as well. Back
then I gave up.
I just wanted you to think about one thing:
Invention is using things that exist in a totally unpredicted new way.
There seem to be a lot of people having troubles with URL-escaping, some
of them resorting to patching libxslt (I did for my own use, but did not
distribute since I don't want to fork or even put down your great work,
especially since in terms of experience and knowledge your are by far
the better programmer). Now This part of libxslt is not really that much
of a core functionality, that it really matters that much. And the
behavior that is currently there is absolutely the right thing as a
default. But if it's not really a core issue, why not make it a runtime
option. I could, during initialization just call IllegalEscaping(1); and
the URL-escaping would be turned of and left up to me to do within the
XSL.
I need it and modified libxslt according to my needs, but is that the
right way to do things for an issue like that? I don't think so. So why
not take a more practical approach and make this change choosable at
init-time. It would eliminate this discussion and make everyone happy: A
standards compliant parser by default. WIth some neat extras if you
really need them for a specific instance.
Now this is just a thought, and I presume you have had it before.Non the
less, I would be quite interrested in hearing your reasoning about why
not to follow a path like that.

TTY Philipp