Re: [xslt] libxslt escaping urls when outputting HTML

Daniel Veillard wrote:

>On Mon, Sep 16, 2002 at 10:50:00AM -0700, Jean T. Anderson wrote:
>
>>I'm working on integrating libxslt into a shared library and providing
>>some support for xsltproc options. I'm having to create two distinct
>>processes for executing requests: one for xsltproc options that get set
>>at the thread level, such as --param, and another for options that get
>>set at the global level, such as --verbose, --maxdepth, --nonet, and
>>--novalid. (The fact that memory allocation routines and error handlers
>>also get registered at the process level instead of the thread level
>>aren't a problem for this particular application.)
>>
>>It's threads like this one on escaping urls that remind me that I am far
>>from having a handle on all the globals that are out there.
>>

>  Just to be sure: you have checked include/libxml/globals.h
>include/libxml/threads.h and http://xmlsoft.org/threads.html
>
>  I assume that yes, but just in case :-)
>
>Daniel

Yes, but never assume anything with newbies :-), and I'm configuring
both libxml2 and libxslt with the '--with-threads --with-thread-alloc'
options. In fact, I discovered that doing so consumes considerably less
memory than running with the default configuration. For the one test I
analyzed (the "Hello, World!" example from page 22 of Doug Tidwell's
XSLT book), using the default lib configurations resulted in 446,153
bytes allocated, while using libs configured with the thread options
resulted in only 84,791 bytes allocated. This seemed kind of surprising,
but may make perfect sense to you all who have been working with this
for so long.

regards,

 -jean