RE: [xslt] Non-existent variable => error?

> Now, after taking a second glance, what do we do about it? Confirm that
> registering a generic error handler is the only way to find out an error
has
> occured? Or modify the code to discard everything the library has done
> before the error occurred and return NULL (speak: patches are welcome
:-))?

My quick vote is to return NULL.  I consider a stylesheet like XML in the
sense that something is either 100% valid, or it's not.  Using a
unregistered variable is a rather fatal flaw -- since libxslt catches this,
I don't think it would be wrong to return NULL, and people can rely on the
error handler to figure out WHY it happened.