[xslt] xsltproc and include failure

I am trying to get docbook to work on my Win2k system using xsltproc.

I execute xsltproc with the following command:

xsltproc "C:\Development Tools\DocBook\docbook-xsl\html\docbook.xsl" dbtest.xml

I receive a long list of error messages that begins with the following:

warning: failed to load external entity "../VERSION"
compilation error: file C:\Development
Tools\DocBook\docbook-xsl\html\docbook.xsl line 23 element include
xsl:include : unable to load ../VERSION
warning: failed to load external entity "param.xsl"
compilation error: file C:\Development
Tools\DocBook\docbook-xsl\html\docbook.xsl line 24 element include
xsl:include : unable to load param.xsl

How do I go about fixing this?  I've exhausted places to search.

Scott G. Brauer
President
Computing Solutions by Design, Inc.
sgbrauer@csbd.com