RE: [xslt] Non-existent variable => error?

--- "Vakoc, Mark" <Mark_Vakoc@jdedwards.com> wrote:

> > Now, after taking a second glance, what do we do
> about it? Confirm that
> > registering a generic error handler is the only
> way to find out an error
> has
> > occured? Or modify the code to discard everything
> the library has done
> > before the error occurred and return NULL (speak:
> patches are welcome
> :-))?
>
> My quick vote is to return NULL.  I consider a
> stylesheet like XML in the
> sense that something is either 100% valid, or it's
> not.  Using a
> unregistered variable is a rather fatal flaw --
> since libxslt catches this,
> I don't think it would be wrong to return NULL, and
> people can rely on the
> error handler to figure out WHY it happened.

I vote for NULL too.... especially because the error
handler for the XSL is currently a global (hopefully
this will change soon.... as asked by Daniel a while
ago a posted a bug report on this) which makes the use
of LibXSLT in a multithreaded application rather
akward....

Jerome Pesenti