Re: [xslt] libxslt-1.0.10 make fails on HP-UX

Daniel Veillard wrote:

>   Adding a similar check to the libxslt configure.in would probably
> be sufficient to handle this issue. Does libxslt compilation really
> requires -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE ? From my recollection -Aa means to
> use ANSI C I just can't believe it's not the default in 2002, really !

This is correct. Using -Aa enables the ANSI mode of the compiler,
which means that only symbols that are defined by ANSI C90 will be
included from the system header files.

> -D_HPUX_SOURCE sounds baroke to me, it's not compiling anything really
> related to HPUX so what is it for ?

The _HPUX_SOURCE macro is used to gain access to other (non-ANSI)
symbols, like gethostbyname.

A better solution is to use -Ae, which enables the extended ANSI
mode (and also defines _HPUX_SOURCE). This option should already
be the default, but in case we are dealing with some old or weird
installation, it may be a good idea to specify it explicitly.

I haven't tried with libxslt, but in general things compiles better
with the HP compiler in extended ANSI mode.