Re: [xslt] libxslt-1.0.10 make fails on HP-UX

On Mon, Feb 04, 2002 at 07:31:49PM -0500, Boehm Stan (BNS USA) wrote:
> I have been struggling for days trying to build  xslt on HP.

  Errr ... should not take days, really.

> It built almost right out of the box for QNX which really surprised me, I
> did some
> experiments with the QNX version of xsltproc and the results were as
> expected.

  Okay good to know :-)

> But when I tried to build it on HP, nothing will compile.
>
> I have discovered that the following HP cc options are missing, and when
> added by hand, things will compile.
>
> 	-Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE    and   -Wp, -H30000
> When I compared the configure script between  libxml2-2.4.13 and
> libxslt-1.0.10
> I notice that there is a section in libxml2-2.4.13 that deals with HP-UX.
> The similarity of the two configure scripts is striking.  At about line
> 1418, there
> are approximately 110 lines of code in libxml2 that do not appear in xslt
> version.
> My feeling is that if these were included that xslt would build on HP.

  Well looking at configure is not useful for me, it's a generated file.
The source is configure.in .
Libxml configure.in does:
-------
if test "${GCC}" != "yes" ; then
    case "${host}" in
          *-*-hpux* )
               CFLAGS="${CFLAGS} -Wp,-H30000"
               ;;
-------

  2 of those flags are added. I don't see -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE being
configured for the cc compiler on HP in libxml2, though it appears to
build, right ?
  Adding a similar check to the libxslt configure.in would probably
be sufficient to handle this issue. Does libxslt compilation really
requires -Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE ? From my recollection -Aa means to
use ANSI C I just can't believe it's not the default in 2002, really !
-D_HPUX_SOURCE sounds baroke to me, it's not compiling anything really
related to HPUX so what is it for ?

>                                  Is libxslt-1.0.10  set up to build on HP ?
>                                  What do I need to do to get this libxslt to
> build on HP ?

  CFLAGS="-Aa -D_HPUX_SOURCE -Wp, -H30000"
  export CFLAGS
  ./configure
  make
  make install

  Alternatively install and use gcc, it's free and work out of the box ;-)