Re: Re[7]: WG: [xslt] decimal char problem - possible Solution - Xalans behaviour

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 01:28:04PM +0200, Oliver Feige wrote:
> It generates not hexadecimal char reference.
>
> When you do a transformation with Xalan/Xerces
> 	xsl:output methode="html" encoding="ISO-8859-1"
> it generate eg. ä ß but not œ
> Xalan/Xerces do for œ a dezimal Char reference (œ);

  Hum, except for a trial to reverse-engineer what got supported
by common browsers, I don't really see a clear rule associated to this
(allow only entities if their character is <= 255 ? that would not
 make much sense nor cover the laquo and raquo cases ...).

  I don't see any "right" way to handle this in general,