Re: [xml] Resuming maintenance

On Mon, Jan 10, 2022 at 03:20:09PM +0100, Nick Wellnhofer via xml wrote:
Hello,

Thanks to a donation from Google, I'm able to resume maintenance of libxml2
(and libxslt) for the remainder of 2022.

  Yay !  :-)

My immediate plans are:

- Make a bug fix release fixing many regressions.
- Establish a new release schedule, possibly with multiple branches being
  maintained.
- Move releases from the old FTP server to GNOME's Gitlab infrastructure.
- Move documentation to GNOME infrastructure.
- Set up an official way to sponsor libxml2 maintainers.

 So you want to reintegrate libxml2 within the GNOME framework ? TBH
now that I have very limited bandwidth that's probably the right thing
to do.
 Happy to help you any steps you may need to take over,

   thanks,

Daniel

In the future I'll focus less on security improvements and more on typical
maintenance duties like bug fixes and modernizing the code base in a few
ways.

Thanks (again) to Google for making this possible.

Nick