Re: [xml] Release of libvirt-2.9.3

On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 02:17:38PM +0200, Shlomi Fish wrote:
Hi Daniel and all,

  Heya,

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 18:17:56 +0800
Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

  This is a security release, I didn't tried to push a number of other
patches considering urgency.

  That release is dedicated to the memory of Bill Brack who was my
co-maintainer for many years on libxml2 and libxslt, we became friends,
he has a huge influence still on way I do things. Unfortunately he passed
away last February. I'm sure he would have commented that celebrating
his legacy with a release with so many CVE would be a tribute to his
programming skills, because he always approached life with a sense of
humor. RIP Bill, the code still lives but OpenSource is more about
people than code !

RIP Bill! Sorry to hear about his death. And I enjoyed reading this paragraph
dedicated to his memory.

========

That put aside:

1. The Subject line says "libvirt" instead of "libxml2".

  I'm doing upstream releases for libvirt every month, Pavlov in action,
sorry about that, yes it's definitely a libxml2-2.9.3 release

2. I have packaged and submitted libxml2-2.9.3 for Mageia Linux Cauldron. So it
should appear in its repositories soon. Seems like all of our downstream
patches were no longer necessary.

  Ack, thanks to all downstream packagers to push that down to users !

Daniel