Re: [xml] Release of libvirt-2.9.3

Hi Daniel and all,

On Fri, 20 Nov 2015 18:17:56 +0800
Daniel Veillard <veillard redhat com> wrote:

  This is a security release, I didn't tried to push a number of other
patches considering urgency.

  That release is dedicated to the memory of Bill Brack who was my
co-maintainer for many years on libxml2 and libxslt, we became friends,
he has a huge influence still on way I do things. Unfortunately he passed
away last February. I'm sure he would have commented that celebrating
his legacy with a release with so many CVE would be a tribute to his
programming skills, because he always approached life with a sense of
humor. RIP Bill, the code still lives but OpenSource is more about
people than code !

RIP Bill! Sorry to hear about his death. And I enjoyed reading this paragraph
dedicated to his memory.

========

That put aside:

1. The Subject line says "libvirt" instead of "libxml2".

2. I have packaged and submitted libxml2-2.9.3 for Mageia Linux Cauldron. So it
should appear in its repositories soon. Seems like all of our downstream
patches were no longer necessary.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish