Re: [xml] Why does XML::LibXSLT (= the Perl 5 / CPAN wrappers for libxslt) Fails a Basic Test on some BSD and other systems?

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 05:25:40PM +0100, Nick Wellnhofer wrote:
On 14/02/2014 15:23, Yura wrote:
Hi!

I tried investigate this bug and as far I can see problem in a different behavior of the function
xmlNodeGetSpacePreserve from libxml2.

Good catch. The change you mentioned above made libxslt actually do
the wrong thing and strip the text node. The relevant code is here:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/libxslt/tree/libxslt/xslt.c?id=683cbc82dee4cea75822a0f7cafd97768b6165ff#n3556

xmlNodeGetSpacePreserve is called with a text node and consequently
returns -1 after the change. The relevant commit to libxml2 is
"Adding various checks on node type though the API":

https://git.gnome.org/browse/libxml2/commit/?id=3e62adbe39f2083c9c2cd3330c320227818fd361

This commit first appears in libxml2 version 2.9.0. I just committed
a fix to libxslt to adjust for this change:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/libxslt/commit/?id=7cb08dacadf7e1cf88ee2f45815251b61bffcde6

  thanks Nick :-)

Daniel