Re: [xml] xmlReader: Possibility for cloning an xmlTextReader (or multi-pass reading)

On Mon, Apr 01, 2013 at 02:29:21PM -0700, Eric S. Eberhard wrote:
[...]
What I am saying is you might cringe at -- and instinctively hate
(as I do) -- the idea of just reading it twice == but you might want
to run some benchmarks and see if you really care or not.

  Those days, assuming data comes from disk (network is a completely
separate problem you can't guarantee reproduceability of reads) then
the main factor is reading the data from the disk, once it is in the
cache, the second parse is way faster if you don't wait between the two
passes.

Daniel