From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: Sunday, September 16, 2012 10:50 PM
To: Tom Liu S
Cc: xml gnome org
Subject: Re: [xml] Would you tell me how to fix this libxml2 problem? Thank you very much.

On Wed, Sep 12, 2012 at 02:02:32PM +0800, Tom Liu S wrote:
Hi all,

I am just uplift libxml2 from 2.6.22 to 2.8.0.
Then problem is that I failed to install the software after I compiled codes and generated the rpm pachage.
And I just find the compiled binary dependence of libxml2 has so versions(the following black part) which
has no before.
Now when I install rpm pachage, it failed and show the following info.(the following red part).

                 U xmlDocDumpFormatMemoryEnc@@LIBXML2_2.4.30
00000000008b44f0 B xmlFree@@LIBXML2_2.4.30
[...]
Installing Software..
error: Failed dependencies:
        libxml2.so.2(LIBXML2_2.4.30)(64bit) is needed by Software
        libxml2.so.2(LIBXML2_2.6.0)(64bit) is needed by Software
        libxml2.so.2(LIBXML2_2.6.3)(64bit) is needed by Software
return code after installation 1 Softwareinstallation failed
Softwareis now in partially installed state

  Strange ... try to make sure you have autoconf and automake packages installed on the machine where you
rebuilt from the source rpm Also grab 2.9.0 since it's out, maybe the problem will be fixed.

Daniel

daniel veillard com  | Rpmfind RPM search engine http://rpmfind.net/ http://veillard.com/ | virtualization
library  http://libvirt.org/