Re: [xml] runtest mystery bug: name2.xml error case regression test

On Fri, Sep 07, 2012 at 01:32:38AM -0400, Daniel Richard G. wrote:
On Fri, 7 Sep 2012, Daniel Veillard wrote:

I went back and applied this to the current git head, and it
doesn't reproduce anymore. So maybe it was fixed since then, as a
result I pulled 2.8.0, applied your patch, and nope that doesn't
reproduce for me either :-\

Do you still see the issue with the current git head ?

Yes, I'm afraid  >_<

I'm a little perplexed by this, because I can't get the hacked-down
runtest to succeed (short of running it in Valgrind). "./configure
&& make && make check" on an x86 Linux system (with the patched
runtest.c) is enough to get a failure---I can't see how it's not
happening for you.

Could you try it in an out-of-source build? I noticed that this
seemed to affect runtest's behavior before patching.

  Well I tried in tree all the time.

Failing that, may I ask what system environment you're using to
test? At this point, I'm willing to set up a virtual machine to get
the reproducibility of this issue nailed down.

  Fedora 17 x86_64, but I'm within the git tree checkout

thinkpad:~/XML -> ./autogen.sh && make && make check
....all normal....
thinkpad:~/XML -> patch -p1 < ../runtest-mystery-bug.patch
patching file runtest.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 4136 (offset -7 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 4149 (offset -7 lines).
Hunk #3 succeeded at 4298 (offset -7 lines).
thinkpad:~/XML -> rm runtest
thinkpad:~/XML -> make runtest
  CCLD   runtest
thinkpad:~/XML -> ./runtest
## Error cases regression tests
Total 11 tests, no errors
thinkpad:~/XML -> ./runtest
## Error cases regression tests
Total 11 tests, no errors
thinkpad:~/XML -> ./runtest
## Error cases regression tests
Total 11 tests, no errors
thinkpad:~/XML -> ./runtest
## Error cases regression tests
Total 11 tests, no errors
thinkpad:~/XML ->

  I am gonna retry on a RHEL/Centos 6.3 setup to be sure

Could you try it in an out-of-source build?

  hum, you mean generating a tarball, and them ./configure && make && make check
in the tree extracted from the tarball or doing the build in a tree
outside of where configure is situated like ../../XML/configure ....

Daniel