Re: [xml] MSYS and MINGW: undefined reference to _imp__xmlFree

Does anybody know if this issue has been resolved and if so how?

I very much need to get libxml2 to build for a Windows platform - I have an urgent need for a modified version of xmlsec and building the libraries on which it depends (openssl, libiconv, zlib, libxml2 and libxslt) would appear to be prerequisites for doing that.

I am trying to do that under MinGW/MSys (having had no joy with MSVC due to msvcrt.dll incompatibilities), but am running into the error "undefined reference to _imp__xmlFree". If anybody knows how to solve this problem then I would be extremely grateful if they would let me know how.

The answer may actually be hidden in the Nov 2009 thread on this topic, but I am not enough of a C/C++ developer to be able to figure it out.

Please help!

On a perhaps related note, does anybody know how to get in contact with
Igor Zlatkovic? I have tried emailing igor zlatkovic com, but have had no response so far.

TIA

Mike Peat