Re: [xml] xmlXPathNodeSetSort performance

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniel Veillard [mailto:veillard redhat com]
Sent: 24. srpna 2012 11:02
Subject: Re: [xml] xmlXPathNodeSetSort performance
Took a bit of time but I have included this in git, with a bit of cleanup and integration changes like
the macros WITH_TIM_SORT in xpath.c if some people need to quickly switch back or something.
I was a bit worried at first about __builtin_clzll but that should be okay
http://git.gnome.org/browse/libxml2/commit/?id=3e031b7dae590bdd03084a5971d9f9e66fe5d50b

Great, thanks!

Just one nitpick:
It is not true, that wrap_cmp returns -2 or +2. It usually returns just -xmlXPathCmpNodes[Ext]. Only in case
it gets -2 from there, it returns -2. This is to make the sign of the result consistent with how original
xmlXPathNodeSetSort handles it: -2 means an error, but in the original xmlXPathNodeSetSort it is handled in
the same way as 1 or 0.
I guess I am just saying a simple thing in a confusing way :-)

Vojtech