Re: [xml] Unresolved externals with 2.9.0-rc1 on MSVC++ 2010

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 10:04:03AM +1000, Adam Nielsen wrote:
Hi all,

I'm trying to port a program of mine to Windows, using MS Visual C++ 2010 Express.

I'm having a little trouble compiling libxml2 2.9.0-rc1 however.  I
can run configure.js successfully and everything looks fine.  I'm
compiling without iconv and zlib, as I don't need them for my
program and I intend to do a static link to libxml2.

Unfortunately when compiling per the instructions in
win32/Readme.txt, I get a bunch of unresolved externals:

  yes rc1 was broken in this respect, I expect an rc2 sometime this
  week. Or you can try the git snapshot from ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/
it should have the fix now,

Daniel