Re: [xml] Availability of libxm2-2.9.0 release candidate 1

I've had a quick try at building 2.9.0 on a 32-bit Windows system using MS Visual Studio 2010 from the
command line. There was a minor problem in that none of the Win32 Makefiles seem to have been updated to
include the recent addition of the buf.c module. I think it needs to be added to: Makefile, Makefile.bcb,
Makefile.msvc, Makefile.mingw VC10\libxml2.vcproj, and wince\libxml2.vcp (there are certainly lots of ways to
do things on Windows...).

With buf.obj added to the dependencies, libxml2 built without problems. Trying "runsuite" resulted in 10
error (all in the James Clark suite - problems with parsing very large decimal values and '+1'). Invoking
"runtest" listed 10 errors as well - although all involved test/ebcdic_566012.xml. This is probably the
result of my building with a rather old version of libiconv (1.9.1).

I hope to try the tests with the Borland compiler as well, though I haven't actually used that for some time.

Eric Zurcher
CSIRO Plant Industry
Canberra, Australia
Eric Zurcher csiro au