Re: [xml] i'm here to contribute

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 01:24:03PM -0700, Glen Hein wrote:
Hello,

I'm a software developer and I'd like to contribute to Gnome's XML
project. I've used the libxml software for a long time and I'd like to
give something back.

I just started a voluntary career break, but I'd like to stay active.

I looked over the TODO file, but I'm not sure which item to tackle.
Could you recommend an item for someone new to the project?

  Hello Glen,

as you can see I'm not very proactive on libxml2 those days. Honnestly
the project is mostly in maintainance at this point, i.e. we do bug fixes
and support but not much new code.
One way to help is feedback on this list, either issues raised or
helping others. In the way of code there isn't anything really easy,
getting more knowledge of the XML Schemas code could help. In terms
of new developments, I'm not really suggesting going into XPath2 as this
is huge, an XProc implementation would be nice, but it would require
some serious time:
  http://www.w3.org/TR/xproc/

for a small bit of work at a time, going through the GNOME bugzilla
and looking at existing bugs, or bugs with patches is useful,

  I think there is plenty of ways to help but most are a bit boring :-)

Daniel