[xml] xmllint + docbookxi.rng ?

I've been trying to use xmllint to run validation on our docbook
sources, and I'm seeing invalid results thare are a bit surprising:

xmllint --xinclude --relaxng ../docbook-schema/rng/docbookxi.rng
--noout --nonet BRL-CAD_Tutorial_Series-VolumeIII.xml

results in the following output:

BRL-CAD_Tutorial_Series-VolumeIII.xml:262: element info: Relax-NG
validity error : Expecting element caption, got info
BRL-CAD_Tutorial_Series-VolumeIII.xml:262: element info: Relax-NG
validity error : Element table failed to validate content
BRL-CAD_Tutorial_Series-VolumeIII.xml:262: element table: Relax-NG
validity error : Element chapter has extra content: table
BRL-CAD_Tutorial_Series-VolumeIII.xml:248: element chapter: Relax-NG
validity error : Did not expect element chapter there
BRL-CAD_Tutorial_Series-VolumeIII.xml:6: element info: Relax-NG
validity error : Element book has extra content: info
BRL-CAD_Tutorial_Series-VolumeIII.xml fails to validate

In particular the last error confuses me (first in the file...) - I
was under the impression that info was a valid child of book:

http://www.docbook.org/tdg5/en/html/info.html

Does this pattern of error reporting indicate there is a problem
further down in the file that is cascading back up?  Apologies for
what is probably a very basic question but I'm not really sure how to
interpret this result., since it's starting with something deeper in
the document and ending up at line 6...

Cheers,
CY