[xml] libxml2 [Sub-document C14N / Custom Malloc]

Hi All,
I have 2 queries w.r.t libxml2 API/usage.

1. I am trying to C14N transform a sub-tree of a XML document. Is there
any simple way to do this ? [I tried XPath but I couldn't find a query to get the
full sub-tree using xpath].

I am right now using C14NExecute and have my callback check each node

2. Is there any way to give the libXML2 library a custom malloc function ?
So, that all memory allocations the library does goes through it instead of
whatever libXML2 is using.

-TIA