Re: [xml] Trying to make sense of testsuite errors with libxml2 2.7.6

Daniel Veillard wrote:
On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 06:53:42AM -0500, Rob Richards wrote:
Daniel Veillard wrote:
 Instead of running the test suite by running the runtest binary
try to run it at the make level, but not sure if it works on Windows

see Relaxtests target in Makefile.am, it does the same but with make

for example the first failure correspond to

paphio:~/XML -> xmllint --noout --relaxng test/relaxng/tutorA.rng ./test/relaxng/595792-ext.rng
./test/relaxng/595792-ext.rng validates

so works here but apparently fails for you, why ... I don't know :-)

They fail due to not matching the pattern when calling glob, so not
relaxng related at all. Only happens when the test filename does not
contain the _ character as the pattern is: ./test/relaxng/%s_?.xml

I do have an in-progress test suite on the make level but never
finished it off when the test executables started getting pushed. If
there is interest I don't mind revisiting it.

  Hum, I'm not sure, for the standard Windows build we don't use the
normal makefiles, so I wonder how much help this would bring,

It is built into the msvc makefile so on Windows you can run "nmake test" just like in the regular build.
Basically I have been converting the test scripts into windows scripting.

Rob