[xml] queer usage of install-sh

Hi all,
libxml comes with an 'install-sh' script which seems to be used when good old 'install' is missing on a system. (I know you need a strange system setup to run into this. Or in my case not having /usr/local/bin, which contains install, in PATH)

libxml uses install-sh in the same way as install is used, with the result of an incomplete libxml installation. For example include directory will contain only SAX.h and SAX2.h. All other header files are missing. Doc directory will also miss most html files.

Investigation of install-sh showed, this script seems not to be designed for copying multiple files at once.

This is what libxml executes:
../.././install-sh -c -m 644 SAX.h entities.h encoding.h parser.h parserInternals.h xmlerror.h HTMLparser.h HTMLtree.h debugXML.h tree.h list.h hash.h xpath.h xpathInternals.h xpointer.h xinclude.h xmlIO.h xmlmemory.h nanohttp.h nanoftp.h uri.h valid.h xlink.h xmlversion.h DOCBparser.h catalog.h threads.h globals.h c14n.h xmlautomata.h xmlregexp.h xmlmodule.h xmlschemas.h schemasInternals.h xmlschemastypes.h xmlstring.h xmlunicode.h xmlreader.h relaxng.h dict.h '/home/jung/tmp/libxml2-2.7.6-hippo/include/libxml2/libxml'

Wondering am I really the first running into this?
Daniel, what do you think would a for loop surrounding install calls with multiple files be a good idea?

By the way, this is what xmlsec is doing:
install-xmlsecincHEADERS: $(xmlsecinc_HEADERS)
       @$(NORMAL_INSTALL)
       $(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)$(xmlsecincdir)
       @list='$(xmlsecinc_HEADERS)'; for p in $$list; do \
         if test -f "$$p"; then d=; else d="$(srcdir)/"; fi; \
         f="`echo $$p | sed -e 's|^.*/||'`"; \
echo " $(xmlsecincHEADERS_INSTALL) $$d$$p $(DESTDIR)$(xmlsecincdir)/$$f"; \ $(xmlsecincHEADERS_INSTALL) $$d$$p $(DESTDIR)$(xmlsecincdir)/$$f; \
       done

Best regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Jung
Email: matthias jung prismtech com

* XTRADYNE Security Infrastructure - a PRISMTECH Product Line *

PrismTech GmbH
Schoenhauser Allee 6-7, D-10119 Berlin, Germany
Ust.-Id.-Nr.: DE814235971
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Charlottenburg B HRB 96377 B
Geschäftsführer: Keith Raymond Steele