Re: [xml] Building libxml2 with static iconv.lib on windows

Ahhhhh...I was building libxml2 with iconv.h.msvc-shared. Thanks a lot Martin. Your steps helped me to
pinpoint the problem.

--- On Sun, 6/21/09, Martin (gzlist) <gzlist googlemail com> wrote:

From: Martin (gzlist) <gzlist googlemail com>
Subject: Re: [xml] Building libxml2 with static iconv.lib on windows
To: "john blair" <mailtome200420032002 yahoo com>
Cc: xml gnome org
Date: Sunday, June 21, 2009, 6:07 AM
2009/6/20 john blair <mailtome200420032002 yahoo com>:

Thanks for the reply Martin.
I was able to build libxml2. The problem is I think it
gets linked with iconv.dll instead of the static iconv.lib.
The sample program (http://xmlsoft.org/examples/index.html#testWriter.c)
when built gives the __imp__ errors related to iconv.
I am using visual studio 2005, libxml2-2.6.30, and
iconv-1.9.2

That's nowhere near enough detail for me to guess what
you're doing
wrong, but here's what works for me given those versions.
The attached
batch script is what I did, and the log is the result. Not
sure how
good testWriter is at actually seeing if iconv is working,
but it
builds and runs for me.

Martin