From: john blair <mailtome200420032002 yahoo com>
Subject: [xml] Building libxml2 with static iconv.lib on windows
To: xml gnome org
Date: Thursday, June 18, 2009, 5:58 AM

I am trying to build libxml2-2.6.30 on windows. I configure
it with
cscript configure.js compiler=msvc vcmanifest=yes
static=yes debug=no \
   include=<iconv include dir> \
   lib=<iconv lib dir>

If lib is set to dir containing the DLL import library
version of iconv then the build succeeds. But if its set to
dir containing the static library version of iconv then the
build fails with

   Creating library bin.msvc\libxml2.lib and
object bin.msvc\libxml2.exp
encoding.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__libiconv referenced in function _xmlIconvWrapper
encoding.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__libiconv_close referenced in function
_xmlCharEncCloseFunc
encoding.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
__imp__libiconv_open referenced in function
_xmlFindCharEncodingHandler
bin.msvc\libxml2.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 3 unresolved
externals