[xml] Getting the offset of a node in the stream

Hello,
  I'm using an xmlTextReader (and the xmlTextReaderNext() function) to
read an XML file, and once I find a specific element I must be able to
tell at what byte offset in the file this element is found.
The API has a xmlTextReaderByteConsumed() function that according to
the docs seems to do what I want, but in fact it doesn't, because it
returns the offset of a few elements ahead.

Is there a method to obtain the exact offset of an element?

TIA!

  Alberto