Re: [xml] validation fails for embedded RELAX NG schema

Am Montag 03 August 2009 16:32:17 schrieb Michael Ludwig:

 * And xmllint copes perfectly with the opposite case, of arbitrary
content embedded in the RELAX NG schema:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<grammar xmlns='http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0'>
   <embedded xmlns='http://namespace.net/something'>
      <!-- Arbitrary content embedded here. -->
   </embedded>
   <start xmlns='http://relaxng.org/ns/structure/1.0'>

Haven't checked, but that is probably permitted by the Relax NG
specification.

Yes, it is. Quite useful to create combined RelaxNG + Schematron schemata =)
But the reverse is not true. You need to extract the RelaxNG schema to allow
validation with it.

I haven't looked in a while, but last time I checked, RelaxNG validation in
libxml2 was somewhat suboptimal, so you might want to go a different way. (To
specify, valid/invalid was usually fine, but the error reporting in the invalid
case was very buggy as soon as the RelaxNG schema got more complex).

Cheers
Tobias