Re: [xml] LibXML for embedded systems?

Around about 24/09/08 14:15, libxml irotas net typed ...
I don't need any particularly fancy XML features - the only reason I'm
considering XML is because we would like the messages to be easily
interpreted by a variety of platforms and programming languages.

Just my tuppence; we do use embedded Linux but our stuff always has a fair whack of RAM. I don't know whether libxml can be cut back or not, I'd sort of guess not.

The libxml2.so on my box here is 1.3M (plus 75K for libz). That's a fair old chunk of 32M, so really it's only you who can make the call as to whether you'll need that.

If your needs are truly basic, and you're wary of the size, a simple custom job might be the way to go; I'd be inclined to go with libxml & hope it fits, but keeping the use to a minimum in case I needed to implement it myself at the end.

--
[neil fnx ~]# rm -f .signature
[neil fnx ~]# ls -l .signature