Re: [xml] LibXML for embedded systems?

libxml irotas net wrote:
I'm a relative newcomer to the world of XML. I'm currently working on an
embedded Linux box with about 400MHz CPU and 32MB of RAM. I am
considering using XML for my network messaging format, but I'm concerned
about the resource consumption (especially memory) of the XML parser.

We are using libxml2 on a 64MB System that even runs a Java
application without memory problems. At configure time you can
choose to exclude some modules to reduce code size (usually it's
about ~1.2MB code size).

The data memory footprint is quite low, if the proper API is used.

Regards, Andy